The new iPhone SE 2020 has the looks of the first generation SE but the internal capabilities of the iPhone 11 Pro. With a starting price of $399 and upgraded features, the new iPhone SE may be a great investment for SE lovers or for those who want a quality iPhone for half the price of a flagship phone. According to Apple, “we put the brains of an iPhone 11 Pro in the body of iPhone SE.”
Supporting most, but not all, of the camera features on the newest iPhone’s, the SE has a 12MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera. Features include:
- Portrait mode: allows the subject to be the main focus of the photo while artistically blurring the background
- Portrait lighting: six-studio quality effects (Studio, Natural, Contour, Stage light mono, stage, and high-key light mono) and the ability to adjust lighting intensity
- Depth-control: this feature allows you to decide how much to blur the background in your photos, before and after you take the photo
- Smart HDR: recognizes faces and captures a natural-looking skin tone and contour.
- High-definition: 4K videos are four times more detailed and has an extended dynamic range to add greater detail.
- Quick-take: hold down the shutter while in photos to quickly take a video
iPhone SE has enough battery life in a single charge to last up to 13 hours of continuous video watching. To charge, you can place it on a wireless charger or use the fast-charge adapter. The fast-charge adapter has the capability to charge the SE from 0% up to 50% in only 30 minutes.
The new iPhone SE is available in three colors: white, black, and red. If the red model is purchased, Apple donates to the Global Fund to assist with COVID-19. The retina HD display screen is 4.7 inches while the total phone size is 5.45×2.65×0.29 inches. It does have a home button equipped with touch ID. Touch ID can be used unlock your phone, sign in to apps, or make purchases with Apple pay. Unlike the first gen iPhone SE, the new SE does not have a headphone jack.
To help make this phone more durable, it is slightly water resistant. It can survive spills and splashes as well as dust.
- Built for iOS 13 and future updates. The new iPhone SE can use dark mode, Siri shortcuts, and the new photos app.
- Equipped with the A13 bionic chip.
- To increase privacy, imessages are encrypted and fingerprint data is stored in the device instead of icloud or apple services.
- As of now, 5G features are not available for Apple phones because of the limited availability in the United States. It’s hard to know whether or not the iPhone SE 2020 will have 5G.
Believed to be faster than the fastest android, iPhone SE 2 may be a great option for those who want a good phone for a cheaper price than Apple’s flagship phones. With features comparable to the iPhone 11 and the body similar to the iPhone SE first generation, the SE 2 will feel like a familiar phone with more powerful capabilities.